Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: knowledge management
In this special Federal Drive panel discussion, guest experts discuss the impending retirement wave and how agencies can plan effectively for the loss of experience and knowledge when their long-time employees head for the experts.
Some departments are improving personnel practices around recruitment and knowledge management even in the face of pay freezes and criticisms of public servants. DHS created a higher education engagement group to bring in college students. GSA finds quality of applicants still strong. Senior leaders highlight successes during Public Service Recognition Week.
Tags: workforce , management , Public Service Recognition Week , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Don Hagerling , Ray Lahood , Transportation , Kathleen Sebelius , HHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , morale , recruitment , Jason Miller
Several bureaus say transparency and knowledge management initiatives complement each other. Federal Transit Administration using similar approach for open government strategy as it did to create a knowledge management culture.
The Federal Transit Administration is using the requirements of the Open Government Directive for more than just transparency.