Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: knowledge management
In this special Federal Drive panel discussion, guest experts discuss the impending retirement wave and how agencies can plan effectively for the loss of experience and knowledge when their long-time employees head for the experts.
Some departments are improving personnel practices around recruitment and knowledge management even in the face of pay freezes and criticisms of public servants. DHS created a higher education engagement group to bring in college students. GSA finds quality of applicants still strong. Senior leaders highlight successes during Public Service Recognition Week.
Tags: workforce , management , Public Service Recognition Week , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Don Hagerling , Ray Lahood , Transportation , Kathleen Sebelius , HHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , morale , recruitment , Jason Miller
Several bureaus say transparency and knowledge management initiatives complement each other. Federal Transit Administration using similar approach for open government strategy as it did to create a knowledge management culture.
The Federal Transit Administration is using the requirements of the Open Government Directive for more than just transparency.