Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: job training
President Barack Obama did not address federal IT and procurement reforms during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, but he did call for a review of all federal training programs. He also reiterated the need to speed up federal permitting and the continued reduction of the backlog of claims at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
D.C. Mayor Vince Gray points to job training as the key to lowering the city's unemployment rate, and he's looking to the federal government for help.
A bill introduced this week in the House would improve training for veterans and change hiring practices to favor veterans.