Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: job cuts
Host Mike Causey will talk about the big issues facing federal employees with NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times staff writer Stephen Losey.
November 9, 2011
Tags: Mike Causey , Your Turn , David Snell , NARFE , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , open season , Medicare Part B , federal retirement , DoD , Air Force , Congressional supercommittee , budget battle
Air Force subtracts 9,000 managerial jobs, while adding 5,900 positions in areas it considers key to its mission.
If there is a federal hiring freeze, how will it affect your agency, your operation and your job? What are the odds that you and your agency might be exempt? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that if the past is prologue they may be better than you think.
To make an omelette you have to break eggs, right? Using that recipe as his guide, the Speaker of the House says as many as 200,000 federal workers may have to go to help trim the deficit. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says this puts him in the running for two prestigious, competing awards.
So how do you sell something to Congress and the public? You must make sure that the numbers you present look good...even if they don't make sense. Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is now in possession of the magic numbers formula and if you read today's column you can save yourself $124.6 billion.
The new year isn't only looking brighter from increased daylight, but the slowly recovering economy is also yielding a growing number of area jobs.
The U.S. Postal Service has promised one approach to shrinking its continuing losses: Keep cutting jobs. Postal's 2011 financial plan calls for elimination of 50 million work hours, or about 25,000 jobs.