Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: job applicants
With the unemployment rate hovering at 9.8 percent, there are a lot of people looking for work out there. And with so many people looking for so few jobs, it's tougher than ever to find one.
A Career Builder survey found 38 percent of managers saying, on average, they spent less than a minute reading each resume, and 18 percent spent fewer than 30 seconds.
Job interviewing advice: Don't follow the lead of the hiring manager if you're being interviewed at a restaurant and the manager orders a glass of wine.
Indicators point to another rough summer for teens looking for seasonal work -- mainly because adults are competing for the same positions.