Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: investing
The month of April was not as bad as many feared when it came to most Thrift Savings Plan funds. Only the International Fund saw losses, and Tom Trabucco, Director of External Affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investments Board, explains why this week.
All funds except for the F fund saw gains again this month. Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, explains what's going on, and explains why one L fund now has record participation from investors.
When compared to what's available in the private sector, the TSP is pretty equal in terms of ROI.
Tom Trabucco and Greg Long, both of whom are with the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, tell Federal News Radio when TSP participants can expect to take advantage of a Roth option in the Thrift Savings Plan.
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investments Board explains that January is often a good time to sit down and look at where your money is invested -- and determine whether you want to move anything around.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is the first to weigh in for the Daily Debrief's 'Stories of the Decade' series. He talks about some of the phenomenal changes the TSP has seen since 2000 -- and what's around the corner as 2010 approaches.
If you are a TSP investor, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there are two ways of looking at the stock market: one of them tells you that March was the best month we've had in a long time, the other proves that things are really going to pot.
Grab onto financial happiness with both hands.
Is the Thrift Savings Plan really one of the best retirement plans out there? Federal News Radio examines that question with Senior Correspondent Mike Causey and Tom Trabucco of the TSP, who both point to a single list of areas in which the TSP excels.