Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: interoperability
The National Institute of Standards and Technology brought agency and industry experts to its Gaithersburg headquarters to discuss cloud computing this week. Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson was there. She spoke with NIST Cloud Technical Program Manager Robert Bohn about the key word of the event — interoperability. Read Lauren's related story.
Dr. Theresa Cullen, chief medical informatics officer at the Veterans Health Administration, leads the program that allows the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to share data to improve the quality of health care they provide.
Lee Barrett, executive director of the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission, will discuss interoperability and how to transfer sensitive healthcare data in a secure manner.
April 23, 2013
Tags: technology , compliance , Healthcare IT , Jason Miller , electronic health records , Lee Barrett , EHNAC , HIPPA , records sharing , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Department of Veterans Affairs , Electronic health records sharing , information sharing , HHS , secure messaging , WEDI
Doctor Doug Fridsma, chief science officer for HHS's Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, will discuss how interoperability will make it easier to share health information.
April 2, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , electronic health records , enterprise systems , HHS , Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT , information sharing , records management , Blue Button initiative , mobile devices , health information exchange , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Doug Fridsma
Mario Hyland from AEGIS.net will talk about exchanging information between medical systems.
July 31, 2012(Encore presentation August 28, 2012)
Emergency communications can make or break response effort.
A new information-sharing initiative has been announced to help federal, state, local and tribal first responders communicate better during emergencies.
Lines of interoperable communications need to connect everyone: up, down, and all around.
Office of Interoperability and Compatibility connects community requirements with manufacturers. Technology gets developed by users, vendors together.
Listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired January 25th @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , wireless , Dr. David Boyd , DHS , Mike Duffy , DoJ , Paige Atkins , DISA , defense spectrum organization , joe rose , paul cosgrave , District of Columbia , New York City , Dave Williams , Booz Allen , jim payne , Bechtel , stephen orr , Cisco