Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: internships
The State Department is enlisting digital- and media-savvy college students to complete short- and long-term diplomacy tasks remotely.
New Pathways Program begins July 10, and officials hope it will open doors to bring in and train new talent for agencies. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, said that departments should take advantage of the opportunity to tailor-train potential employees to fit their long-term needs.
The Office of Personnel Management is implementing a new law designed to bring structure to the confusing web of federal internship programs. Meanwhile, the agency is finalizing regulations for Pathways, President Barack Obama's attempt to streamline young candidates' entry into the federal workplace.
What comes next for the federal government's internship programs? Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, discusses the end of FCIP and the new Pathways Program.
Tax agency officials are not overly worried about potential retirement of large number of workers. IRS sees internship programs as one way to attract entry level workers. Students receive high impact assignments from senior agency officials to ensure they gain the experience and understanding of what the agency does.