Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: internship program
The Pathways Program aims to help federal agencies compete with other sectors that recruit and hire interns and recent graduates. The program targets current students, recent graduates and professionals interested in becoming federal managers.
The National Treasury Employees Union is asking the federal court to end the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP). NTEU national president Colleen Kelley explains.
One year after the President called for improvements to how agencies hire workers, OPM Director Berry said KSAs, long job descriptions and the rule of three are mostly a thing of the past. On average, agencies are hiring new employees in 105 days and most job descriptions are five pages or fewer.
Employee union claims agencies have abused their privileges and OPM has done nothing to stop them. NTEU says the Federal Career Internship Program flies in the face of merit system hiring principles.