Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: internship program
The Pathways Program aims to help federal agencies compete with other sectors that recruit and hire interns and recent graduates. The program targets current students, recent graduates and professionals interested in becoming federal managers.
The National Treasury Employees Union is asking the federal court to end the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP). NTEU national president Colleen Kelley explains.
One year after the President called for improvements to how agencies hire workers, OPM Director Berry said KSAs, long job descriptions and the rule of three are mostly a thing of the past. On average, agencies are hiring new employees in 105 days and most job descriptions are five pages or fewer.
Employee union claims agencies have abused their privileges and OPM has done nothing to stop them. NTEU says the Federal Career Internship Program flies in the face of merit system hiring principles.