Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: inspector general
FEMA has recovered just $3 million of $643 million in potentially improper disaster relief aid since Hurricane Katrina. But its attempts to recoup the money are setting off one senator and threatening to erupt into a public relations snafu.
Tags: Hurricane Katrina , FEMA , Richard Serino , Matt Jadacki , Maurice McTigue , George Mason University , disaster response , improper payments , fraud , financial management , DHS , Emily Kopp , Mark Pryor , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
Quality, quantity of workforce making big difference for agency
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , Gordon Heddell , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , contract audits , acquisition reform
The Air Force will have a new inspector general.
Deputy secretary Gould says investigation into alleged wrongdoings continue. He would not comment on possible disciplinary actions.
Agency CIO Roger Baker tells a House oversight committee that VA avoided spending $54 million on the 45 projects stopped in July. The money now will be used on other high priority programs. The Veterans Affairs Committee also wants to increase agency IG funding by $50 million.
Tags: mngt , technology , Roger Baker , Richard Griffin , Stephen Buyer , Harry Mitchell , David Roe , Brian Billbray , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , IT project management , PMAS , FLITE , cybersecurity
Transportation Department Inspector General Calvin Scovel shared highlights from his testimony before a House Committee about some of the issues in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
The Justice Department drags its feet when reporting cyber incidents and does not have cyber incident reports from all of its departments, according to an Office of the Inspector General report.