Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: insourcing
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy is recommending all agencies use only the definition of inherently governmental as defined in the Federal Activities Inventory Reform Act, and create a test to determine whether other jobs should be done only by federal employees. OFPP's Dan Gordon has details.
The Professional Services Council is concerned that agencies could misinterpreted the policy letter as a mandate to insource. PSC's Alan Chvotkin explains why.
The Defense Department has been trying to improve efficiencies and cut costs by using both competitions with the private sector and High Performance Organizations (HPOs), a solution based in-house rather than on a public-private competition.
Some Republican members of Congress are making an election-year pitch to reduce the Federal worker headcount, and save money. But would it really do that?
Tags: management , pay and benefits , House , Federal Workforce Reduction Act , John Salamone , Federal Management Partners , Jackie Simon , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , OMB , Barack Obama , outsourcing , brain drain , retirement wave , Max Cacas
FCW reports the amendment passed by 253-172 on May 27.
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management shares ideas to implement OMB insourcing guidelines.
Rob Burton of Venable helps us answer that question, and tells us about a new program for small businesses.
Office of Federal Procurement Policy Administrator Dan Gordon gives us a sneak peek at the future of contractor relations.
Rob Burton brings the Daily Debrief team analysis on it's first Bold Prediction for 2010.