Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: insourcing
Auditors issue a new report to Congress on how civilian agencies are meeting the legislative mandate to issue guidelines to bring work back into the government. Of the nine agencies GAO looked at, none have released final directives. Agencies say they need more help in defining certain terms such as inherently governmental.
Government hires as private industry fires. But who and where?
The administration wants to insource jobs that private firms have been performing and review of how agencies use contractors in view of long-term plans.
Federal agencies are being accused of stealing industry employees as part of the Obama administration's insourcing initiative.
Lawmakers offer four specific changes to the current description. OMB working on new explanation for agencies on what jobs must stay in house.
WFED's Jason Miller has details.
Agencies are getting a better understanding whether they over-rely on contractors. Vendors are mostly happy with the draft policy detailing how agencies should decide which jobs should be done only by federal employees. OMB expects 24 demonstration projects to finish by early May.
Tags: Contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OMB , OFPP , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , Business Coalition for Fair Competition , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , inherently governmental , A-76
The deputy director for management tells lawmakers the government will save $40 billion over the next two years. Zients also wants agencies to grow the acquisition workforce by five percent over the next few years. Lawmakers express some reservations about OMB's plans.
Tags: Contracting , Jeff Zients , Claire McCaskill , Susan Collins , Tom Coburn , OMB , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs , Contracting Oversight , acquisition workforce , A-76 , Inherently governmental ,
Provision in 2010 omnibus spending bill requires credit checks on employees before giving them a government credit card. Law also requires agencies to create service contract inventories, and fully funds the E-Government Fund for the first time in eight years.
Tags: management , Contracting , technology , pay and benefits , David Obey , OMB , OPM , GSA , DoD , AFGE , John Gage , omnibus spending bill , E-Government Fund , Agency credit card , service contract inventory , BRAC , A-76 , Internet cookies