Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: insider threats
President Barack Obama has issued new agency standards for protecting classified information from insider threats. In a Presidential Memorandum issued Wednesday, Obama provided the heads of executive branch departments and agencies the new National Insider Threat Policy as well as the minimum standards to be employed by each agency in standing up its own insider-threat programs. Details on the new policy and the standards were not made public.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a major revision to the Federal Information Security Management Act, which governs agency information security policies. Ron Ross, a NIST fellow and the agency's FISMA implementation project leader, joined In Depth with Francis Ross to discuss the FISMA additions.
Immigration processing is vulnerable to insider threats according to a new report from the DHS inspector general.
Dawn Cappelli, technical manager of the enterprise threat and vulnerability teams at CERT, explains why insider threats are viewed are costing organizations more money.