Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information technology
The Government Accountability Office assessed the performance of seven federal agencies in migrating some of their services to the cloud as required by the Office of Management and Budget. Five of the seven agencies succeeded in meeting OMB's requirements and the other two are expected to be compliant by year's end.
The federal government now faces a fork in the road with regards to IT investment. George DelPrete, leader of Grant Thornton's federal government information technology, offers his insight. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) talks about legislation he introduced to increase contracting opportunities for small businesses. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) was one of the sponsors of a bill to help military families facing foreclosure.
Mark Weber, NetApp's president of the U.S. public sector, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about a Meritalk study his company sponsored called The Big Data Gap.
Donald Adcock, who served from 2010 until this month as the executive director of the Army Information Technology Agency, has left the Pentagon to become the associate CIO for IT services at the Department of Energy.
The experts said too many chief information security officers have a compliance mentality. It's more important to understand the organization's mission and focus on protecting its most important data.
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology at J&J Solarwinds, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with common cloud issues.
February 7, 2012
Tags: technology , J&J Solarwinds , network management , management tools , cloud computing , applications , Virtualization , storage , cybersecurity , Amazon , Rackspace , Josh Stephens , Thwack , information sharing , Gov 2.0 , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Members of the faculty at National Defense University's iCollege join host Derrick Dortch to talk about the school and how it can benefit federal managers.
February 3, 2012(Encore presentation February 10, 2012)
Tags: workforce , National Defense University , iCollege , emerging technologies , cyber security , Dr. Robert Childs , Dr. Paulette Robinson , Adrienne Ferguson , Dr. John Saunders , Gil Duvall , information assurance , crisis management , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Anne Arundel Community College officials say that by expanding their cybersecurity classroom space, they can become a hub for the training industry.
A majority of government and private sector IT executives don't believe the federal government is moving quick enough when it comes to telework, according to the results of a new survey.
GPO's Chief Technology Officer Ric Davis talks about launching the agency's first mobile app. Users will be able to access information about members of Congress on their mobile devices.