Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information technology
Alex Grohmann and John Dyson from the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Informations Systems Security Association, join host John Gilroy to talk about what you can do to make your agency more secure.
July 9, 2013
Tags: technology , FedRAMP , IT security , cloud computing , Information Systems Security Association , ISSA NOVA , Alex Grohmann , Morgan Franklin , John Dyson , Deloitte , continuous monitoring , NIST , NIST 800-53 , NIST special publication 800-53 Rev 4 , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
John Gilroy hosts a roundtable discussion of mobile health applications and and how they can be certified to meet specific standards.
April 30, 2013
Tags: technology , mhealth , Healthcare IT , mobile applications , iPhone , Food and Drug Administration , app certification , David Scher , DLS Healthcare Consulting , mHiMSS , Tony Martin , Tom Leary , HiMSS , mobile health applications , mobile health , HIPAA , electronic health record , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Doug Charles, president and CEO of Capgemini Government Solutions, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how change management applies to information technology, and where IT changes are headed.
March 19. 2013
Kerry McDermott from the WestHealth Institute and Dr. Harry Greenspun from Deloitte talk about healthcare IT, and ways to cut costs.
February 26, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , Kerry McDermott , WestHealth Institute , Dr. Harry Greenspun , Deloitte , mobile health , patient centered care , wireless security , mobile devices , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Later today, the full membership of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will begin to consider legislation to reduce wasteful IT spending.
Robert Coen, acting program director for NITAAC, discusses the state of the IT acquisition market with host Roger Waldron.
January 15, 2013 (Encore presentation February 12, 2013)
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , NIH , NITAAC , IT acquisition , GWACs , CIOSP3 , CIOSP3 Small Business , ECSIII , contracting , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Martin Libicki of Rand Corp talks about managing cyber attacks. Kevin Brancato of Bloomberg Government discusses the Canada's decision to pass on the F-35. John Templeton of BlackMoney.com talks about being an African American in IT. Belva Martin of GAO discusses the new network communications strategy.
Tags: Martin Libicki , Air Force , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Rand Corp , Kevin Brancato , Canada , F-35 , DoD , DoD Report , Lockheed Martin , John Templeton , Black Money , Belva Martin , GAO , Army , Federal Drive
From digitization of mail to GPS tracking, the Postal Service is investing in new technologies to help it grow revenue. Ellis Burgoyne, the agency's chief information officer, says his department is concentrating on five main projects in 2013 that will help the Postal Service cut costs while improving efficiency and customer service. USPS ended fiscal 2012 with $15.9 billion of debt.
The Indian Health Service is using the success of the Veterans Affairs e-health record program to update its own systems. IHS Acting Chief Information Officer Howard Hays spoke to Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month show about the upgrade.
Laura Williams, an eDiplomacy liaison officer with the State Department's Bureau of Information Resources Management, was nominated for her work improving staffing in the agency's IT department.