Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information sharing
Al Tarasiuk, the chief information officer of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, took over the systems integration role for the intelligence community IT Enterprise (ICITE) program after progress slowed.
September 26, 2013
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence said the lead agencies under the IC IT Enterprise program launched a standard desktop, a secure community cloud and an apps store in mid-August. Al Tarasiuk, the assistant DNI and intelligence community chief information officer, said the key to this effort was having an ICwide agreed-upon security architecture and policies.
The Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service is using online identification tools to prevent a loss of expertise and institutional knowledge caused by a growing number of people retiring.
The FBI hopes a new portal, iGuardian, will enable the FBI to help companies protect themselves against malware by creating a repository of cybersecurity breaches.
Try as it may to may information easier to obtain and clearer to understand, the government's efforts to be more transparent often fall short.
The Enhanced Cybersecurity Services program has seen a lot of interest by vendors, but few have invested in accepting cyber threat data from the government. Meanwhile, the Cyber Information Sharing and Collection Program is growing through the two-way sharing of unclassified threat indicators.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said the benefits will outweigh the concerns about making information more accessible.
May 29, 2013
Frank Kendall says many different factors played into the Pentagon's decision to go with a competitive bidding process to develop its integrated electronic health record system, instead of adopting VA's VistA program. He said DoD wants to ensure its system is interoperable not just with VA hospitals but with civilian health facilities as well. In addition, Kendall cited cultural differences between the two large agencies.
President Barack Obama issued a new policy and signed an Executive Order requiring data to be open, machine-readable and safeguarded.
Senate lawmakers are promising to change the laws to let agencies have easier access to the Death Master File and other key databases. Starting June 1, agencies must check the Do Not Pay list before issuing any money.
Tags: management , financial management , Danny Werfel , OMB , Richard Gregg , Treasury , Tom Coburn , Tom Carper , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , improper payments , SSA , Death Master File , Marianna LaCanfora , Jason Miller