Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information sharing
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is focusing on four programs to add more value to how it delivers GIS content and services to the DoD and intelligence communities. Director Letitia Long said the community is in phase three of the evolution of using and sharing geospatial information.
DoD opens its electronic medical records to VA claims processors for the first time. The goal is to shave days or weeks from the time it takes VA to decide disability claims for recently separated service members. But the launch of the system has had a few bugs.
Tags: technology , health IT , VA , Defense Health Agency , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Dave Bowen , AFGE , Richard Thomas , Gerald Manar , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Eric Jenkins , Lorraine Landfried , Jared Serbu
Phyllis Schneck, the deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity in the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS, said the department's goal is to further the trust relationship with industry around sharing and understanding cybersecurity threats.
February 6, 2014
Jason Healey, the director of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative for the Atlantic Council, endorsed an approach that would turn how government and the private sector work together to battle cyber threats on its head.
The Homeland Security Department has received a mixed report from the inspector general on coordinating cyber operations across government, along with seven recommendations for improvement.
Early pilots in DHS information sharing project appears to show that bureau-level IT systems built decades ago can share information with one another, and also protect against data privacy problems.
The White House and the Information Sharing Environment released the Strategic Implementation Plan for the President's National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding. The plan details 16 initiatives that span federal, state, local and tribal governments as well as private sector and international partners.
January 16, 2014
The Office of Personnel Management is calling on federal managers to help streamline the records management process by identifying which positions do what.
The Homeland Security Department upgraded its Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) last year with new security and identity management features. The growing acceptance and use of standards is making it easier for state, local, tribal government and other partners to securely access law enforcement data.
With the launch of VA Open Data, members of the public and applications developers will be able to access non-sensitive, non-personal information from the Veterans Affairs Department.