Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information sharing
Releases report exactly five years after 9/11 Commission Report.
Karen Evans, the former administrator of OMB's Office of E-Government and Information Technology, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris with her take on how the administration plans to balance security with the need to share information.
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
The Defense Intelligence Agency is now 50 years old, but its current and former leaders say the last 10 have come to define it as an agency.
On today's Federal Drive: Talk of government shutdown has ratcheted up as lawmakers squabble over a CR, federal information sharing efforts have taken off and the House prepares to square off over various proposals to reform the Postal Service.
Several agencies and other countries are using the The National Information Exchange Model framework to create common vocabularies for everything from orange juice production to cybersecurity and health care. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said the U.S., Mexico and Canada have signed an agreement to run pilots using standards based on NIEM for pandemic and public safety information sharing.
Dale Meyerrose, former Chief Information Officer at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. He discusses what's changed from 2001 to 2011.
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.
Jacob Haynes, the Defense Contract Management Agency's CIO, said a zero client set up will rely totally on the cloud for all computing needs.
July 14, 2011