Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information sharing
Homeland security and economic wellbeing will be increasingly tied together in the coming year, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in prepared remarks for a speech at a National Press Club luncheon Monday. In addition to the relationship between security and trade, Napolitano discussed the increasing role the agency plays in cybersecurity.
Host John Gilroy is joined by Oracle Group Vice President and Chief Technologist Peter Doolan. They will discuss new "Big Data" software developed by the company.
January 31, 2012
Tags: technology , Oracle , Peter Doolan , big data , federal IT , Open source software , licensed based software , ethernet , InfiniBand , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Gov 2.0 , Big Data appliance
Federal prosecutors say data from users of Megaupload could be deleted as soon as Thursday.
Agencies are struggling to keep up with the tremendous amount of data being created every day. DIA deputy director David Shedd said too much information and not having the right IT to sift through it is the biggest remaining challenge the government faces. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said tagging and standards, such as NIEM, could help solve the data deluge.
Tags: technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , James Clapper , David Shedd , DIA , ODNI , Information Sharing Environment , WikiLeaks , CSIS , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting standard , Jason Miller
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
In the pilot, the government shares classified cyber threat information with selected contractors and their internet service providers.
Federal Agencies submitted their 2011 FOIA reports earlier this month, and all that information goes up on your agency's website and at FOIA.gov by Feb. 1.
For the past year, the Library of Congress has been working with Twitter in a transfer of the company's entire electronic data set. Library's digital director sees this as a "unique record of our time."
DISA wants improve its enterprise information visibility for the department's 15,000 unclassified networks by creating an Enterprise Information Web. The semantic Web will allow data to be more easily shared and reused across the department.
Bipartisan legislation introduced in the House today would allow the federal government to share classified cybersecurity threat information with private companies.