Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information Sharing Environment
A former senior intelligence official says the President's call for changes is more of an upgrade than a significant change. Ambassador Thomas McNamara says information sharing is better than ever, but agencies don't put information into databases in a consistent way.
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
Several agencies and other countries are using the The National Information Exchange Model framework to create common vocabularies for everything from orange juice production to cybersecurity and health care. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said the U.S., Mexico and Canada have signed an agreement to run pilots using standards based on NIEM for pandemic and public safety information sharing.
ACT-IAC Executive Director Ken Allen joins host Mark Amtower for a wide-ranging discussion of the myriad of projects that ACT-IAC is working on.
May 23, 2011 (Encore presentation June 13, 2011)
Tags: contracting , technology , ACT-IAC , Ken Allen , Management of Change Conference , Executive Leadership Conference , grants managment program , GSA , IPv6 , Information Sharing Environment , Networx 2020 , VistA , OMB , Mary Davie , Jim Beaupre , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.
Changes are coming to the ISE, and Program Manager Kshemendra Paul will take suggestions anywhere he can get them.
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , James Carafano , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , Jason Miller