Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: information Sharing Environment
Your input will help the Information Sharing Environment with Project Interoperability. It's the next stage in developing standards for sharing information, but the format of the project is different. Kshemendra Paul, program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, tells In Depth with Francis Rose about the rollout of Project Interoperability.
The White House and the Information Sharing Environment released the Strategic Implementation Plan for the President's National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding. The plan details 16 initiatives that span federal, state, local and tribal governments as well as private sector and international partners.
January 16, 2014
Through the back-end attribute exchange, agencies can have a standard way for different organizations to safely and securely share sensitive information. The Justice Department conducted a pilot earlier this year and found success with state and local law enforcement agencies accessing the Regional Information Sharing System.
The two agencies met this week to figure out how best to implement the recommendations in a white paper from ACT-IAC. The approach detailed in the document follows closely the methodology used to develop the NIEM and FICAM standards.
More than eight years after the White House issued Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 requiring the issuance of secure identity cards, governmentwide and agency-specific initiatives provide hope the smart cards can be more than "glorified ID cards." NIST and GSA are developing an identity exchange in the cloud. DHS and IRS are putting their cards to use at a local level for both building and computer access.
Tags: technology , acquisition , identity management , Tom McCarty , DHS , Kshemendra Paul , Information Sharing Environment , Sharon James , IRS , Naomi Lefkovitz , NIST , cloud computing , information sharing , back-end attribute exchange , GSA , PortfolioStat , HSPD-12 , AFCEA Bethesda , ACT-IAC , standards based acquisition model , Jason Miller
The Information Sharing Environment is supporting a set of technology priories to promote the safe disclosure of data. In the ISE's annual report to Congress, it highlights the steps agencies have taken over the past year to move toward a culture of responsible and secure information sharing.
Tags: technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , Information Sharing Environment , WikiLeaks , information sharing , ODNI , Insider Threat Strategy , National Strategy for Infomation Sharing , NIEM , Supicious Activity Reporting standard , Jason Miller , FICAM , identity management
In the post-9/11 age, information sharing - between federal agencies, and across multiple layers of government - became an even more vital endeavor. The Information Sharing Environment, headed by program manager, Kshemendra Paul, has helped to improve the coordination of information sharing. Under his watch, the National Information Exchange Model has worked to break down intelligence and information stovepipes. Agencies embraced the spirit of the idea, made progress toward the administration's stated goals and the results have been apparent. Federal News Radio examines the government's information sharing efforts as part of our special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Agencies are struggling to keep up with the tremendous amount of data being created every day. DIA deputy director David Shedd said too much information and not having the right IT to sift through it is the biggest remaining challenge the government faces. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said tagging and standards, such as NIEM, could help solve the data deluge.
Tags: technology , management , information sharing , Kshemendra Paul , James Clapper , David Shedd , DIA , ODNI , Information Sharing Environment , WikiLeaks , CSIS , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting standard , Jason Miller
Potential changes to the terrorist watch list will likely be upgrades rather than a makeover, says the former head of the Information Sharing Environment.
Latest report details progress made over last year to improve collaboration around terrorism data.