Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
Learn more in today's Cybersecurity Update
The Arlington, Va., firm will merge financial, acquisition and asset management systems. The contract is worth $450 million over 10 years. FEMA is expected to be the first DHS component to receive TASC.
Ashton Carter, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, described the future state of military contracting. He said vendors should look at several current examples including the Littoral Combat Ship and the replacement for the Ohio Class Submarine.
A leading House proponent of cybersecurity legislation is doubtful new cyber laws will pass during the lame duck session.
The service issued a memo detailing a common operating environment architecture as part of a broader software transition strategy. The strategy builds on the experiences of the Apps for the Army program. The service is developing plans for Apps for the Army 2 next summer focusing on industry-created software.
A new memo from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy gives agencies until June to determine whether the number of contractors performing services is appropriate. First, however, agencies must develop a service contract inventory and make it public. OFPP said for agencies to initially focus on professional and management services and technology services.
EAGLE II is a follow-on to the current contract. DHS is planning big changes for how it runs this new contract. Bids are due in January.
HUD hired Compusearch under a $4 million deal to improve the procurement business processes and integrate data with other HUD systems.
A coalition of businesses, associations and citizen groups rate members of Congress on how they voted on bills that promote or hurt private sector companies and forces industry to compete with the government. But some experts say the business coalition is taking a too narrow view of what the government does.
Tags: contracting , OFPP , Robert Tobias , Angela Styles , John Palatiello , Colleen Kelley , Crowell and Moring , American University , NTEU , Business Coalition for Fair Procurement , insourcing , public-private competition , Jason Miller
This is the first of several component contracts awarded under the I3P Program. NASA will use the contracts to procure services that provide agency-wide management, integration, and delivery of IT infrastructure services.