Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , Vivek Kundra , Karen Evans , best practices , acquisition , contracting , Jolie Lee , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , SANS Institute , Smarsh , KE&T Partners
GSA's Dave McClure said a flood of documents will come as soon as OMB signs off on the cloud security guidance. McClure said among the documents will be the application for third party companies to become FedRAMP accreditors of cloud products and services.
Steven Gitlin, vice president of Aerovironment, which creates the backpackable drone — formally known as the Switchblade Agile Munition Systems — joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how it works.
Jean Gilson is the senior vice president for strategy and marketing of DAI.
Elizabeth Ferrell, a partner at McKenna Long's government contracts practice, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what contractors are already feeling in the wake of the Budget Control Act.
The Air Force wants to fulfill half of its U.S.-based jet fuel needs with alternative fuels by 2016 and expects to be ready for that target ahead of time. But, with the view that it is a consumer, not a producer of energy, the service says it doesn't intend to play a direct role in helping to develop biofuel technologies.
The IDIQ contract will let agencies order a variety of telecommunications support services.
A new report from an interagency committee shows departments have increased the number of contractors suspended or debarred by at least 150 from 2009 to 2010. The Army, DLA, DHS, EPA and OPM have debarred more vendors than other agencies over the past two years.
Capt. Duane Ashton, the program manager for unmanned systems in the Navy's program executive office for Littoral Combat Ships. He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the new device and how it furthers Navy's trend toward using more unmanned vessels.