Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
The Defense Department needs fast, reliable, resilient satellite networking capabilities across the globe. It's wrestling with how to provide those capabilities in the face of dropping budgets.
he leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee say counterfeit electronic parts, mostly from China, are flooding the supply chain for the Pentagon.
Under the America Competes Act, an interagency working group issued a RFI asking for input across 13 areas on how to ensure federally-funded research data is available for the long-term.
The Energy Initiatives Task Force held its first industry day to explain how it wants to get green energy projects built on installations. The Army must receive 25 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2025. The task force will develop an acquisition strategy and a new multiple-award contract over the next year.
Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, and Rob Burton, former acting OFPP administrator, outline what they think the criteria should be for the new OFPP administrator
Mark Gray, the company's vice president and group general manager, and Tim May, senior vice president of business development, joined In Depth's Industry Chatter.
The Pentagon said it needs a much clearer picture of the subcontractors beneath the top tier of prime vendors it works with every day. DoD is trying to create a comprehensive map of the entire defense industry so it can keep critical suppliers healthy during an expected period of industry consolidation.
The companies must plead their case before the Air Force's debarring official. In the meantime, they cannot obtain new contracts or subcontracts.
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , Vivek Kundra , Karen Evans , best practices , acquisition , contracting , Jolie Lee , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , SANS Institute , Smarsh , KE&T Partners