Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
Larry Clinton, the president of the Internet Security Alliance, testified before the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on the role of the private sector in responding to cyber threats.
The agency hired CGI Federal to move its application from the Interior Department to the private cloud.
Gunnar Hellekson, the chief technolgoy strategist for Red Hat's U.S. public sector group, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss virtualization and the subscription model for agency IT.
Frank Kendall, DoD's acting acquisition chief, said the first version fell flat due to "interest groups" weakening it. He said Congress required the strategy to detail how the military will buy offensive and defensive cyber capabilities. It's part of a broader effort to fix the Pentagon's acquisition process.
Tags: acquisition , DoD , acquisition workforce , acquisition policy , Better Buying Power initiative , performance management , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , cybersecurity , CSIS , Jason Miller , Frank Kendall
The House Armed Services Committee has held a series of hearings in recent months taking the temperature of industry and defense experts on the relationship between contractors and the Defense Department. Allan Burman, a former administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy and now the president of Jefferson Consulting, testified before the panel. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his testimony.
The department released a new RFP asking for a host of services. Interior made an award in 2010 to a Microsoft provider only to see a Google provider protest and eventually force the agency to pull back the contract.
John Powers, a principal with Deloitte Consulting, specializes in the company's mergers and acquisitions practice. JoAnn Boutelle is a former deputy chief financial officer with the Defense Department and is now a partner at Deloitte & Touche. Along with former Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.),. Powers and Boutelle joined In Depth with Francis Rose for a discussion of the proposed federal reorganization as well as the role the private sector can play in those consolidation efforts.
The global supply chain is getting more secure. President Barack Obama has signed the National Strategy for Global Supply Chain, which aims to promote the efficient and secure movement of goods throughout the global economy. Seth Stodder, president and CEO of Palindrome Strategies, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the new strategy and the role he will take.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is sponsoring an upcoming conference to bring together industry and agencies to figure out ways to improve how they use unstructured data.
Brad Antle, the president and CEO of Salient Federal Solutions, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss the federal market space and how his company leverages agile development.