Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
New legislation aims to implement some recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Includes provisions that would automatically suspend contractors accused of wrongdoing in overseas contingency scenarios.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Senate , Commission on Waretime Contracting , acquistion , contingency contracting , State Department , USAID , Claire McCaskill , James Webb , suspension and debarment , Past performance , Professional Services Council , Stan Soloway , Frank Kendall , Jared Serbu
The Department of Veterans Affairs has terminated a $102 million contract for a key component of the e-health record system that is supposed to help streamline the health care that VA and the Defense Department provides to service members, veterans and their families. The agency says it is determining its next steps.
Aileen Black, vice president of federal at IT virtualization company VMware, told In Depth with Francis Rose she thinks agencies are well into the mobile future. VMware, along with Carahsoft and MeriTalk, surveyed more than 150 agency chief information officers and IT managers for a report, "Mobile Power Government: Driving Increasingly Productive, Efficient Agencies."
Some of the biggest contracts for small businesses are awarded to companies that are not that small, according to a recent report from the American Small Business League. Brian Reeder, the league's communications director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report's findings.
Talking to their federal customers is a critical part of a contractor's job. But under the STOCK Act — short for Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge — could make that more difficult. Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for National Security and Procurement Policy at TechAmerica, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposal.
Van Hitch will work in the company's federal practice as an advisor to clients about long-term technology and transformational opportunities.
The agency wants to make it easier for customers to buy non-IT professional services under one contract. Mary Davie, assistant commissioner at the Federal Acquisition Service, said the business case will be posted for governmentwide review by June.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm and a former deputy administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose
Steve Charles, the co-founder and executive vice president of technology contractor ImmixGroup, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the issues contractors are facing.
Oracle Corp. is escalating its rivalry with German business-software maker SAP AG with a $1.9 billion purchase of Taleo Corp., a company that helps businesses hire and manage their employees.