Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: industry
GSA awarded a $47.3 million contract to Metrica Team Venture to provide software and services under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation program. DHS expects the dashboard to offer a more insightful view of the cyber health of agency networks starting this fall.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , DHS , GSA , Jeff Eisensmith , Energy Department , Bob Brese , Jim Piche , Continuous monitoring , Metrica Team Venture , contracting , FedInsider , ImmixGroup , Jason Miller
Shrinking budgets may not be getting as small as you think.
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) tries to get to the bottom of why, after a decade, contracting officers still do not have quality information on how contractors perform. GSA said it has a plan to integrate 10 databases by 2018 through a series of incremental improvements.
Agencies must use only cloud services that have been approved under the Federal Risk Authorization and Management Program (FedRAMP) by June. OMB will receive more details on agency progress with the latest quarterly update through PortfolioStat. Meanwhile, FedRAMP's security baseline will be revised this summer.
Elana Broitman, deputy assistant secretary of Defense for manufacturing and industrial base Policy, was Francis Rose's guest on Pentagon Solutions.
The chairman of the Small Business Committee plans to introduce two bills today. One will increase the governmentwide small business prime contracting goal to 25 percent from 23 percent. The other focuses on contract bundling and data transparency.
The first of two contracts letting agencies buy complex professional services kicked off with awards going to 123 small businesses.
Annette Moore, the chief information officer at the Johnson Space Center, said she's reshaping her office to be more flexible and agile in meeting the IT needs of the mission areas.
February 20, 2014
The Pentagon will release a new strategy Thursday to address the growing spectrum needs. It will emphasize agile sharing of radio spectrum between government and industry.
President Barack Obama is pushing the dozens of agencies that have a hand in the export-import process to speed up processing times and eliminate redundant paperwork requests that hamper companies seeking to export American-made products. Currently, businesses interested in importing or exporting goods must submit reams of paperwork to as many as 48 different federal agencies.