Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: improper payments
President Obama has issued a memo detailing the steps agencies must take to do pre-and post-award audits on who gets federal funds. By the fall, agencies will have to check several databases to ensure the recipient is permitted to get money.
Former OMB officials say having solid data on why certain programs need to be ended or cut is key to making this initiative work. OMB directs agencies to suggest which low performing programs or those outside of the agency's mission to target for termination or reduction by Sept. 13.
Controller Danny Werfel says agencies have been developing inventories and now it's time to get rid of unneeded real estate. OMB also preparing to kick off cloud computing certification program. And administration's performance management portal under development.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , management , technology , Danny Werfel , Vivek Kundra , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GSA , DHS , DoD , Treasury , FDA , real property , cloud computing , FedRAMP , performance measurement