Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: identity management
The Mark Center soon will require employees to provide a fingerprint or iris scan along with the CAC card to enter the facility. The Pentagon is next to implement biometric factors for physical access control. The Army also is looking at where biometrics could impact mission and business functions.
The Insider Threat Task Force expects to submit its national plan to the White House in the next few months. The Defense Department will use its secure identity cards to stop unauthorized access to data and systems.
Tags: technology , management , ODNI , FBI , Gordon Snow , John Swift , Rob Carey , DoD , Diana Braun , Insider Threat Task Force , White House , HSPD 12 , secure identity card , PKI , information sharing , WikiLeaks , insider threat , FOSE , Jason Miller
The military's chief information officer, Teri Takai, said after the Army completes its migration to DISA's email-as-a-service, the Air Force will be next. She said the Navy also is in discussions to move to the cloud. DoD soon will release a new cloud computing strategy and standards guide for industry.
March 22, 2012(Encore presentation April 19, 2012)
In a new report to Congress, the administration said continuous monitoring is taking hold, but HSPD-12 still is floundering. OMB also reported agencies spent $13.3 billion on cybersecurity last year and that government employees make up 60 percent of the cyber workforce.
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , Mike Krieger , David Simpson , Stephen Smith , Army , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , AFCEA DC , Reggie Brothers , research and development , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD
Cathy Flickinger said her biggest challenge is keeping the IT operations going while her bureau's building is upgraded. She has moved mission critical apps and websites to the cloud.
February 9, 2012
The agency will fund five-to-eight projects between $1.25 million and $2 million for up to two years. The pilot programs will cover NSTIC's four principles to make identity management secure, interoperable, privacy-enhancing and cost effective.
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller offers his top stories of 2011 and predictions for 2012.
Tags: technology , acquisition , 2011 and Beyond , Jason Miller , Dan Gordon , cybersecurity , acquisition workforce , shared services , cloud computing , mobile , open government , HSPD-12 , NSTIC , E-Government Fund
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired November 2nd @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , HSPD-12 , Judy Spencer , GSA , Mike Butler , OSD , carol bales , OMB , barbara symonds , IRS , venkatapatni puvvada , Unisys , Gordon Hanah , Bearing Point , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza