Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: identity management
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , Mike Krieger , David Simpson , Stephen Smith , Army , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , AFCEA DC , Reggie Brothers , research and development , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD
Cathy Flickinger said her biggest challenge is keeping the IT operations going while her bureau's building is upgraded. She has moved mission critical apps and websites to the cloud.
February 9, 2012
The agency will fund five-to-eight projects between $1.25 million and $2 million for up to two years. The pilot programs will cover NSTIC's four principles to make identity management secure, interoperable, privacy-enhancing and cost effective.
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller offers his top stories of 2011 and predictions for 2012.
Tags: technology , acquisition , 2011 and Beyond , Jason Miller , Dan Gordon , cybersecurity , acquisition workforce , shared services , cloud computing , mobile , open government , HSPD-12 , NSTIC , E-Government Fund
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired November 2nd @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , HSPD-12 , Judy Spencer , GSA , Mike Butler , OSD , carol bales , OMB , barbara symonds , IRS , venkatapatni puvvada , Unisys , Gordon Hanah , Bearing Point , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza
Originally Aired January 26th at 3:05pm
Tags: technology , HSPD-12 , Jim Flyzik , Karen Evans , OMB , Scott Hastings , US-VISIT , David Wennergren , Marty Wagner , patrick schambach , Nortel , alan kraft , novell , chris aherne , BMC Software , Tom Trezza
Identity management -- and the federal government's involvement with it -- has been a hot button issue for years.
White House cyber office working on strategy document to address issues around identity management. This is part of the administration's broader effort to better integrate all of these initiatives.