Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: identity management
In a new report to Congress, the administration said continuous monitoring is taking hold, but HSPD-12 still is floundering. OMB also reported agencies spent $13.3 billion on cybersecurity last year and that government employees make up 60 percent of the cyber workforce.
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , Mike Krieger , David Simpson , Stephen Smith , Army , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , AFCEA DC , Reggie Brothers , research and development , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD
Cathy Flickinger said her biggest challenge is keeping the IT operations going while her bureau's building is upgraded. She has moved mission critical apps and websites to the cloud.
February 9, 2012
The agency will fund five-to-eight projects between $1.25 million and $2 million for up to two years. The pilot programs will cover NSTIC's four principles to make identity management secure, interoperable, privacy-enhancing and cost effective.
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller offers his top stories of 2011 and predictions for 2012.
Tags: technology , acquisition , 2011 and Beyond , Jason Miller , Dan Gordon , cybersecurity , acquisition workforce , shared services , cloud computing , mobile , open government , HSPD-12 , NSTIC , E-Government Fund
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired November 2nd @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , HSPD-12 , Judy Spencer , GSA , Mike Butler , OSD , carol bales , OMB , barbara symonds , IRS , venkatapatni puvvada , Unisys , Gordon Hanah , Bearing Point , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza
Originally Aired January 26th at 3:05pm
Tags: technology , HSPD-12 , Jim Flyzik , Karen Evans , OMB , Scott Hastings , US-VISIT , David Wennergren , Marty Wagner , patrick schambach , Nortel , alan kraft , novell , chris aherne , BMC Software , Tom Trezza
Identity management -- and the federal government's involvement with it -- has been a hot button issue for years.