Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: identity management
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: A new job for a former VA senior official; Countdown to cloud credential pilot begins
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , Scott Gould , Veterans Affairs Department , CareFirst , cloud computing , USPS , DoD , Frank Kendall , Better Buying Power , OMB , OSTP , Dominic Sale , Nick Sinai , open government , open data , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
The Homeland Security Department released a draft performance work statement to vendors. The draft PWS details DHS' needs to use HSPD-12 cards for computer network and building access.
Phillip Soloweszyk, director of Identity and Windows Consulting Services for Quest Software, will discuss identity management.
APril 16, 2013
The Postal Service issued a draft solicitation for the Federal Cloud Credential Exchange. The goal is to create a cloud-based service to perform identity authentication and verification. Agencies could plug into the service, integrating it with any application that adheres to the standards.
A memo from federal CIO Steven VanRoekel requires agencies to begin accepting usernames and passwords from commercial companies such as Verisign or Google. This is the second time the government has tried to accept commercial credentials. Experts say this time agencies and industry are better prepared to be successful.
Tags: technology , OMB , NIH , SSA , GSA , Moira Mack , Judy Spencer , Frank Baitman , Steven Van Roekel , Randy Vanderhoof , smartcard alliance , open id standards , HSPD-12 , Jason Miller , CertiPath
The two agencies met this week to figure out how best to implement the recommendations in a white paper from ACT-IAC. The approach detailed in the document follows closely the methodology used to develop the NIEM and FICAM standards.
From digitization of mail to GPS tracking, the Postal Service is investing in new technologies to help it grow revenue. Ellis Burgoyne, the agency's chief information officer, says his department is concentrating on five main projects in 2013 that will help the Postal Service cut costs while improving efficiency and customer service. USPS ended fiscal 2012 with $15.9 billion of debt.
OPM developing competency models for performance improvement officers and chief operating officers as part of its requirements under the GPRA Modernization Act. DHS moves to agile development to fix the HSIN program. NIST to update HSPD-12 card requirements to meet mobile needs.
Tags: technology , GSA , OPM , NIST , DHS , Martha Johnson , Dave McClure , Patsy Stevens , Donna Roy , Jeremy Grant , NSTIC , Suzanne Lightman , Green government , energy efficiency , open government , GPRA Modernization , HSIN , cybersecurity , mobile , HSPD-12 , Jason Miller , ELC 2011
Agency CIO Tony Trenkle said CMS is building the foundation for four enterprisewide applications, including identity management and an enterprise portal.
October 18, 2012
More than eight years after the White House issued Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 requiring the issuance of secure identity cards, governmentwide and agency-specific initiatives provide hope the smart cards can be more than "glorified ID cards." NIST and GSA are developing an identity exchange in the cloud. DHS and IRS are putting their cards to use at a local level for both building and computer access.
Tags: technology , acquisition , Tom McCarty , DHS , Kshemendra Paul , Information Sharing Environment , Sharon James , IRS , Naomi Lefkovitz , NIST , cloud computing , information sharing , back-end attribute exchange , GSA , PortfolioStat , HSPD-12 , AFCEA Bethesda , ACT-IAC , standards based acquisition model , Jason Miller