Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: iPhone
John Gilroy hosts a roundtable discussion of mobile health applications and and how they can be certified to meet specific standards.
April 30, 2013
Tags: technology , mhealth , Healthcare IT , mobile applications , Food and Drug Administration , app certification , David Scher , DLS Healthcare Consulting , mHiMSS , Tony Martin , Tom Leary , HiMSS , mobile health applications , mobile health , HIPAA , electronic health record , information technology , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Glenn Schoonover from Koolspan will discuss mobile security with host John Gilroy.
February 19, 2013
Tags: technology , mobile device management , mobile security , smart phones , Glenn Schoonover , Koolspan , micro SD card , encryption , mobile software , passwords , NIST , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Starting a new relationship can be hard, especially if it begins with the breakup of a long-time companion. As more federal agencies dump their old BlackBerry smartphones and transition to the iPhone or Android-based devices, some managers are finding it difficult to make the switch.
Ojas Rege, vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you manage a wide variety of mobile devices.
September 11, 2012
Jeff Ait, director of Public Sector for Good Technology will talk about how his company can help you manage the mobile phones and tablets at your agency.
June 5, 2012
A British blogger has found a security hole in Facebook's mobile apps for Android and iPhone, which can be used to steal personal information.
Appian Chief Technology Officer Mike Beckley talks about the business strategies that have helped his company grow.
April 10, 2012
Tags: technology , Appian , Michael Beckley , cloud computing , Gartner , social media , Starbucks , UPS , Nokia , ajax based code , Case management system , Procurement Data Standard , BlackBerry , iPad , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Defense Department says it's fast-tracking the construction of an infrastructure that will support future mobile devices in the military. A network that can securely support Apple and Android devices should be fully up and running by next year, while a secure app store will be online within a couple months.
The Veterans Affairs Department wants to hedge its bets when it comes to its planned rollout of up to 100,000 tablet devices. IT leaders worry about the unpredictability of the mobile technology landscape, and don't want to spend millions to develop apps for a platform that risks being superseded by a competitor.
With new programs from car manufacturers nationwide, you can do anything from starting your car to checking your tire pressure from the screen of your cell phone.