Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: iCollege
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Tags: John Christian , National Defense University , Winslow Wheeler , Center for Defense Information , Project on Government Oversight , Tim Dinapoli , Government Accountability Office , In Depth , Francis Rose
National Defense University's Dr. Paulette Robinson will talk about the upcoming "Inspire the Future" conference in Washington D.C.
May 11, 2012
Tags: workforce , technology , virtual worlds , Virtual Worlds Conference , Dr. Paulette Robinson , National Defense University , social media , collaboration , shared services , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Paulette Robinson, the iCollege's associate dean for teaching, learning and technology, said the Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds has grown from five members from four federal agencies in 2007 to 3,000 members this year.
Members of the faculty at National Defense University's iCollege join host Derrick Dortch to talk about the school and how it can benefit federal managers.
February 3, 2012(Encore presentation February 10, 2012)
Tags: workforce , National Defense University , information technology , emerging technologies , cyber security , Dr. Robert Childs , Dr. Paulette Robinson , Adrienne Ferguson , Dr. John Saunders , Gil Duvall , information assurance , crisis management , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Bob Childs, chancellor at the National Defense University's iCollege, describes the new program.
Let's face it, meetings are a necessary evil for the federal workforce. But what if you could use a collaboration tool that lets you participate digitally? The next generation of virtual collaboration tools are almost the next best thing to being there.
Over a year ago, the U.S. Army, and other branches of the military, were experimenting with the use of the virtual worlds social media site "Second Life" as a recruitment tool. Since that time, the military has branched out into using virtual worlds technology as a tool for collaboration. Now, civilian branches of government are looking to do the same thing. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has our exclusive coverage of the Third annual Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference, which concludes today at the National Defense University here in D.C..
Tags: technology , best practices , virtual worlds , Second Life , Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds Conference , Army , Douglas Maxwell , U.S. Army Simulation and Training Center , MilLands , Paulette Robinson , NDU , Barrack Obama , USDA , Max Cacas