Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: human capital management
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies will discuss how uncertainty in the federal marketplace is stifling government innovation.
December 6, 2013 (Encore presentation December 13, 2013)
Rafael Borras, the Homeland Security Department's undersecretary for management, said in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, improvements to back-office functions show how interdependent the agency has become over the last few years. DHS is managing its acquisition, financial management and human capital processes through a holistic approach.
The Naval Sea Systems Command—the division of the Navy responsible for the building, purchase and maintenance of ships—has won an award for its year-long program for new hires, which offers seminars, etiquette training and even tours of submarines. Emily Grauwiler, the manager of the program, told Federal News Radio that onboarding is about more than just getting a manual and a desk.
GAO finds the Pentagon isn't moving fast enough in improving the skills of their workforce. House lawmakers focused in the acquisition workforce, specifically. DoD defended its efforts, pointing to the 8,600 new acquisition workers hired over the past few years.
Tags: contracting , pay and benefits , vicky hartzler , larry kissell , keith charles , Howard McKeon , Brenda Farrell , DoD , GAO , House Armed Services Committee , acquisition , acquisition workforce , High Risk list , Peter Buxbaum
Technology as a tool, not an end, in human resource management