Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: homeland security
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has ordered a departmentwide reassessment of the $6-to-8 billion SBInet program.
The expanding Chinese military budget is causing some concern at agencies and on the Hill.
Maryland has announced plans to be "front and center" among states when it comes to developing the tools of cybersecurity.
Potential changes to the terrorist watch list will likely be upgrades rather than a makeover, says the former head of the Information Sharing Environment.
David Silverberg, Editor of Homeland Security Today, fills us in.
New report asserts that China is gaining power and has more capability to conduct computer network operations, which means the U.S. needs to be more vigilant.
His "misstatements" to the Senate Homeland Security Committee and Senator Jim Demint's opposition to collective bargaining for TSA screeners have Southers's nomination on hold.
On the face of it, it seems like a simple question: How many contractors work for the Department of Homeland Security? And in fact, a top Senate subcommittee chair, whose panel oversees government contracting only got a spreadsheet with a statistical estimate of the number of DHS contractors working in the area. A representative from one of the top trade groups representing the federal contracting industry offers some analysis.
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how much management progress DHS is making, while one Senator places a hold on the Undersecretary for Management nominee.
Big changes in the Coast Guard's acquisition shop are making life easier for their logistics team. The Guard's Jeff Orner and Mike Tangora explain.