Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: homeland security
The Department of Homeland Security is focused on the growing cybersecurity threat. Damage from cyber-attacks is not limited to denial of services. It can involve significant financial losses, theft of intellectual property, impact our national security, and can destroy key parts of the critical infrastructure that citizens depend on for their day to day lives.
The 65-year-old pay system isn't cutting it with a younger workforce.
A check-up of how well the Homeland Security Department is unifying its 22 agencies finds the patient getting better, but still weak. The House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management examined the agency's acquisition, human resources and financial management systems. While DHS has a roadmap for improvement, it may not have the tools to implement it.
Locations in Washington, New York and Boston may have been under surveillance by terror organizations for months -- and terrorists may try to launch numerous small scale attacks in the coming months, U.S. intelligence sources say.
Tags: national security , Michael T. McCaul , Najibullah Zazi , Times Square bombing , Faisal Shahzad , Pakistan , Afghanistan , Al Qaeda , NATO , Terek-e-Taliban , Fox News , John Brennan , Barack Obama , Michael Hayden , CIA , terror attacks , terrorism
How can we communicate in a disaster when we can barely handle routine emergencies?
Lines of interoperable communications need to connect everyone: up, down, and all around.
A multi-band radio to improve communications among first responders and partner agencies is in the final testing and evaluation stage. Homeland Security's Multi-Band Radio Project hopes to vastly improve communications during an emergency. Conventional radios only operate in specific frequencies, and according to Government Computer News, this prevents responders and agencies from talking on other channels. Fourteen organizations, including Customs and Amtrak, will conduct 30-day tests.
Federal agencies are tasked with making critical policy decisions, responding to nationwide emergencies and pandemics, supporting the warfighter, and ensuring homeland security. Real-time, secure and high-quality communications are a must for federal agencies. The Total Solution report reveals how in this day video is a critical element of a Unified Communications solution. It details the importance of an end user access that is as easy to use as the telephone, and a management process that allows the IT department to scale and manage the system both internally and externally with a high level of security. Tandberg Total Solution is the video portfolio that easily allows for integration so that companies can create a communications strategy to include voice, messaging, instant messaging, location based presence, and video.
Mark A. Abramson
After Hiring: The Next Challenge
June 18, 2009