Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: holiday
If you're off today, enjoy it because, as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey reminds us, many federal workers are on the job today and for thousands of private sector employees this is one of those holidays that isn't.
Are you working today, or at least keeping up with current events? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey and Senior Internet Editor Suzanne Kubota have a big bet, lunch, on just how many or few of you are out there today and what your status is. Check it out.
The debate over holiday displays on the grounds of the Loudoun County courthouse isn't over yet.
Since the 9/11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, holidays have never been the same. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey talks about the brave new world.
Tags: pay and benefits ,
The anticipation of "getting away from it all" can boost happiness for up to eight weeks.
Since the 9/11 attacks, federal holidays have changed. So have the number of people who enjoy them. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the public doesn't know what most of you are doing, but they would if you weren't there.
Is the half-day Christmas Eve holiday being celebrated in your office or are people saying it could have and should have been a full 8 hours. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you might be surprised at some of the reactions.
What were odds that you would get a bonus holiday on Christmas Eve? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that, while nothing is ever guaranteed concerning Dec. 24th, the precedent is there.
There's a little something unexpected in the federal stocking this year: you are getting the day off after Christmas.