Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring reforms
It's supposed to be a new day for federal hiring, but is it? We ask John Palguta with the Partnership for Public Service.
In federal hiring, officials always have to strike a balance: fill the job as quickly as possible, while looking for the right candidate from as big a pool of applicants as possible. A new report suggests evaluating candidates is the weakest part of the entire hiring process.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , OPM , Partnership for Public Service , Joshua Joseph , NIH , Christine Majors , DoE , Brian Costlow , ODNI , Elizabeth Kolmstetter , employee assessments , Max Cacas
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , OPM , Kathryn Medina , DHS , jeff neal , John Salamone , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Partnership for Public Service , Grant Thornton , Max Cacas
OPM's hiring reforms could change the way the federal government recruits and retains veterans.
OPM says two agencies will hold training sessions on how to use this new approach to hire senior executives. OPM also is working with other organizations to extend the training new SESers receive.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , Pay & Benefits , management , Nancy Kichak , John Berry , OPM , John Palguta , Senior Executive Association , Partnership for Public Service , Veterans hiring , Senior Executive Service , onboarding , Hiring databases