Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring reform
The 2010 annual performance report found that agencies have cut their average hiring time to 105 days, down from 122 days a year a ago.
A new memo from Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator, details hiring flexibilities and new tools for agencies.
Angela Bailey, the official leading the reform training teams, said phase one of the effort was successful. She plans to release new tools to help agencies even more.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development went from being the poster child for the dysfunctional federal hiring process to being a model of what others are striving for.
Many agencies have reduced the time it takes to hire a new employee. DoD, Energy and VA are among the departments that have made the most progress over the last year. OPM Director John Berry said a full government-wide look will not be available until early 2011.
A new alliance has been formed to address current and upcoming hiring reform needs; and to provide education, information, and assistance to Federal government agencies on how to implement leading-edge, effective hiring assessments that leverage technology to provide high quality candidates quickly. We get details from Dr. Elaine Pulakos spokesperson for the alliance.
Host Derrick Dortch talks with Linda Rix, Co-CEO of Avue Technologies.
August 6, 2010
The Federal Hiring Process Improvement Act would streamline recruitment and hiring processes.
Promised changes are starting to take hold; 900 new employees are screened, waiting to be hired.