Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring reform
Angela Bailey, the official leading the reform training teams, said phase one of the effort was successful. She plans to release new tools to help agencies even more.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development went from being the poster child for the dysfunctional federal hiring process to being a model of what others are striving for.
Many agencies have reduced the time it takes to hire a new employee. DoD, Energy and VA are among the departments that have made the most progress over the last year. OPM Director John Berry said a full government-wide look will not be available until early 2011.
A new alliance has been formed to address current and upcoming hiring reform needs; and to provide education, information, and assistance to Federal government agencies on how to implement leading-edge, effective hiring assessments that leverage technology to provide high quality candidates quickly. We get details from Dr. Elaine Pulakos spokesperson for the alliance.
Host Derrick Dortch talks with Linda Rix, Co-CEO of Avue Technologies.
August 6, 2010
The Federal Hiring Process Improvement Act would streamline recruitment and hiring processes.
Promised changes are starting to take hold; 900 new employees are screened, waiting to be hired.
The Federal Managers Association has elected longtime member and Association Chapter President Patricia Niehaus to the position of FMA National President. We talk with her about what's ahead.
New site will launch on Jan. 24; Partnership for Public Service weighs in.