Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring reform
We get analysis from GovExec's Tom Shoop.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
The Office of Personnel Management launches a new portal to help managers improve how they bring new employees into the government. USAJobsrecruit.gov is available for all feds to share best practices, find tools and solve challenges as Federal Service Ambassadors.
Agency releases new guides to help hiring managers implement the new approach, which will replace the rule of three.
Agency Director John Berry will hire someone to oversee the new approach to automating and calculating retirement data. Berry says he hopes to make up to 70 percent of the most common calculations electronic. OPM also just has begun a results oriented pilot in two offices as part of a workplace flexibility initiative.
Federal Managers are constantly striving to develop the best hiring and retention strategies. We hear some best practices from Jon Desenberg of the Performance Institute live at the Excellence in Government Conference.
The Labor Department's elimination of KSA essays and the increased collaboration with managers are leading to higher-quality candidates in the hiring process.
Paul Rowson of WorldatWork recommended federal agencies make sure their HR staffs have training so they can hire the right people for the mission.
DoD is making progress in changing how it hires civilian employees. The Pentagon said the new process has been beneficial to the applicants as well as the hiring teams. Pat Tamburrino is the deputy assistant secretary of defense for civilian personnel policy
Get a better picture of how other agencies are handling hiring reform. Dr. Reginald Wells is the Chief human capital officer at the Social Security Administration.