Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
NPR and TechAmerica report on the volunteer organization for cyber defense in Estonia.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus explains how the new guidance from OPM will affect agency hiring.
The Office of Personnel Management issued guidance on the new internship and hiring programs. Last month President Obama had issued an executive order to scrap the controversial Federal Career Intern Program.
Changes to the The National Institute of Standards and Technology's hiring protocol will update its 13-year-old Alternative Personnel Management System. The new rules will let NIST have direct-hire authority to expedite hiring for critical functions.
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , OMB , Jared Serbu , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage
OPM's Nancy Kichak explains how the cyber internship works.
Jon Lau, Director of the Center for Cybersecurity for UMBC Training Centers, told Federal News Radio's Tom Temin how the program interacts with industry and government.
Employers are looking for more highly educated workers, and the bulk of available jobs are in nursing and retail. One American demographic fits that bill.
Bryan Klopack, director of research at the Government Business Council, discussed a recent survey of federal managers by Government Executive on the impact of the impending pay freeze.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus explained the findings of a report on best practices for federal hiring.