Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , OMB , Jared Serbu , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage
OPM's Nancy Kichak explains how the cyber internship works.
Jon Lau, Director of the Center for Cybersecurity for UMBC Training Centers, told Federal News Radio's Tom Temin how the program interacts with industry and government.
Employers are looking for more highly educated workers, and the bulk of available jobs are in nursing and retail. One American demographic fits that bill.
Bryan Klopack, director of research at the Government Business Council, discussed a recent survey of federal managers by Government Executive on the impact of the impending pay freeze.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus explained the findings of a report on best practices for federal hiring.
WFED's Jason Miller describes efforts at some agencies to cut hiring time.
The Partnership for Public Service has created a new federal HR emerging leaders forum, bringing together HR leaders from across the government. John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership, shares details about the forum.
Federal Times and the Washington Post report on a Merit Systems Protection Board ruling that the Federal Career Intern Program violates the rules to make vacancies public.