Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
Erin Pitera is the VP of Federal Management Partners and describes how the Navy was able to bring on much sought-after acquisition professionals.
Your agency is hiring people to lock down its networks, but finding qualified professionals is getting harder.
Last year, the Department of Homeland Security set out to hire 1,000 cyber experts and could only bring in roughly 300.
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , budget , best practices , FEHBP , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
The Naval Sea Systems Command received the ERE Recruiting Excellence Award for Best Military Talent program for its Wounded Warrior hiring program.
With cybersecuirty professionals in short supply, the Army is reaching out to contractors for help.
Linda Brooks Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins host Derrick Dortch for a discussion of how the budget battle is affecting federal hiring and concerns she has about the Office of Personnel Management.
March 25, 2011 (Encore presentation April 1, 2011)
Career coach Kathryn Troutman of the Resume Place discusses the current federal hiring outlook and how to land a federal job.
March 25, 2011
Talented cybersecurity professionals are in high demand - so much so that now many organizations are worried their most talented employees might be poached by rivals.
While money is still flowing into agencies, the Partnership for Public Service says continuing resolutions hurt agencies' financial planning and ability to hire, among other things. PPS's John Palguta explains.