Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: pay and benefits , Management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , budget , best practices , FEHBP , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
The Naval Sea Systems Command received the ERE Recruiting Excellence Award for Best Military Talent program for its Wounded Warrior hiring program.
With cybersecuirty professionals in short supply, the Army is reaching out to contractors for help.
Linda Brooks Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins host Derrick Dortch for a discussion of how the budget battle is affecting federal hiring and concerns she has about the Office of Personnel Management.
March 25, 2011 (Encore presentation April 1, 2011)
Career coach Kathryn Troutman of the Resume Place discusses the current federal hiring outlook and how to land a federal job.
March 25, 2011
Talented cybersecurity professionals are in high demand - so much so that now many organizations are worried their most talented employees might be poached by rivals.
While money is still flowing into agencies, the Partnership for Public Service says continuing resolutions hurt agencies' financial planning and ability to hire, among other things. PPS's John Palguta explains.
The 2010 annual performance report found that agencies have cut their average hiring time to 105 days, down from 122 days a year a ago.
The Office of Personnel Management lays out initiatives it has taken to assist agencies in their hiring process.
Chad Grant, policy analyst at the NASCIO, is the author of a report detailing the struggles of states to hire IT professionals.