Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
The Naval Sea Systems Command received the ERE Recruiting Excellence Award for Best Military Talent program for its Wounded Warrior hiring program.
With cybersecuirty professionals in short supply, the Army is reaching out to contractors for help.
Linda Brooks Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins host Derrick Dortch for a discussion of how the budget battle is affecting federal hiring and concerns she has about the Office of Personnel Management.
March 25, 2011 (Encore presentation April 1, 2011)
Career coach Kathryn Troutman of the Resume Place discusses the current federal hiring outlook and how to land a federal job.
March 25, 2011
Talented cybersecurity professionals are in high demand - so much so that now many organizations are worried their most talented employees might be poached by rivals.
While money is still flowing into agencies, the Partnership for Public Service says continuing resolutions hurt agencies' financial planning and ability to hire, among other things. PPS's John Palguta explains.
The 2010 annual performance report found that agencies have cut their average hiring time to 105 days, down from 122 days a year a ago.
The Office of Personnel Management lays out initiatives it has taken to assist agencies in their hiring process.
Chad Grant, policy analyst at the NASCIO, is the author of a report detailing the struggles of states to hire IT professionals.
OPM and the Partnership for Public Service are offering a series of hiring workshops. Agencies still have work to do to implement the President's hiring reform mandate.