Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
GovInfoSecurity reports on a new application for smartphones designed to recruit cybersecurity professionals.
GovInfoSecurity reports that IT jobs hit 4 million in the past four quarters.
NPR and TechAmerica report on the volunteer organization for cyber defense in Estonia.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus explains how the new guidance from OPM will affect agency hiring.
The Office of Personnel Management issued guidance on the new internship and hiring programs. Last month President Obama had issued an executive order to scrap the controversial Federal Career Intern Program.
Changes to the The National Institute of Standards and Technology's hiring protocol will update its 13-year-old Alternative Personnel Management System. The new rules will let NIST have direct-hire authority to expedite hiring for critical functions.
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: Management , pay and benefits , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , OMB , Jared Serbu , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage
OPM's Nancy Kichak explains how the cyber internship works.
Jon Lau, Director of the Center for Cybersecurity for UMBC Training Centers, told Federal News Radio's Tom Temin how the program interacts with industry and government.
Employers are looking for more highly educated workers, and the bulk of available jobs are in nursing and retail. One American demographic fits that bill.