Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
Simulations can do a better job of predicting which applicants will perform well on the job, and they can provide a greater degree of fairness in the process.
Tim McManus of the Partnership for Public Service tells us about his recent Congressional testimony.
The 8th annual event promises to attract thousands.
OPM Director John Berry believes a perception that poorly-performing federal employees are not held accountable is driving animosity toward government. He hopes to finish a strategy for better accountability by the end of 2011. Berry is a 2011 Causey Award winner.
In a proposed rule, OPM updates regulations so older veterans and non-citizens are now eligible for select federal positions.
The Office of Personnel Management and the Chief Human Council Officers council have provided guidelines to agencies for improving time-to-hire. The requirements will begin June 30.
Federal employee and management groups sent a letter to President Obama urging him to reject proposals to cut workforce benefits made by the Deficit Commission. The letter comes on the heels of a new bill to codify many of the commission's recommendations.
The Post reports that a draft executive order will kill the 10-year-old FCIP in March.
More than 32,800 vets were hired by federal agencies in the first six months of FY2010.
The report, issued by the Partnership for Public Service and Grant Thorton, says there are a number of longstanding issues that are hurting the federal government's chances of attracting the best and the brightest.