Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
Recruiting program is aimed at building long-term professional relationships that encourage growth with financial reward, while contributing to CACI's mission of supporting vital national priorities.
Federal jobseekers are complaining that the new version of the USAJobs.gov website is slow and clunky. The Office of Personnel Management had promised that it would be more streamlined and easier to use than the previous version. It is asking agencies that use the site to recruit to extend their application deadlines while it works out the kinks.
Tim McManus, Vice President for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service, recently held a workshop on how to select and hire the best talent.
The Office of Personnel Management launched today the latest version of the government's jobs site, USAJobs.gov, one day ahead of schedule. The agency says the new site will connect to both agency and contractor websites.
More federal employees are now concentrated in higher pay grade levels, as technology has shifted jobs to higher skills and retirements has created a need to fill more senior positions.
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.
Imagine the future federal workforce consisting of a group of "free agents" — feds who were ready at a moment's notice to help across government agencies on special projects.
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, joined the Federal Drivewith Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the Federal Hiring Process Improvement Act and why his organization supports it.
Federal hiring still takes too long and asks too much of applicants. But the agency hiring process is inching closer to mirroring the private sector. Officials, academics, analysts and union representatives agreed that agencies need to take the next steps to maintain progress.