Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
The time it takes to hire a new federal employee has dropped significantly in the past year. From roughly 180 days to just over 100.
Hundreds of cyber-related jobs are currently open in the D.C. area.
OPM developed the wiki in January 2011 as a way for federal employees to share training and development best practices to create an "ever-revolving resource," according to the wiki.
Tim McManus is the vice president of education outreach at the Partnership for Public Service.
The federal government in 2010 added more than 31,000 employees from minority groups, according to the Office of Personnel Management.
A bill introduced this week in the House would improve training for veterans and change hiring practices to favor veterans.
For every two vacancies in the Air Force civilian ranks, only one person will be hired.
Seventy percent of the Defense Information System Agency's workers are making the move to Ft. Meade, Md. DISA, however, is keeping the pipeline of potential new hires stocked and taking steps to improve the hiring process. Vendors also have not seen a large exit of employees, but could later this fall.
Federal contractor Northrop Grumman is hiring executives to work in its new Virginia headquarters.
Erin Pitera is the VP of Federal Management Partners and describes how the Navy was able to bring on much sought-after acquisition professionals.