Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
In a proposed rule, OPM updates regulations so older veterans and non-citizens are now eligible for select federal positions.
The Office of Personnel Management and the Chief Human Council Officers council have provided guidelines to agencies for improving time-to-hire. The requirements will begin June 30.
Federal employee and management groups sent a letter to President Obama urging him to reject proposals to cut workforce benefits made by the Deficit Commission. The letter comes on the heels of a new bill to codify many of the commission's recommendations.
The Post reports that a draft executive order will kill the 10-year-old FCIP in March.
More than 32,800 vets were hired by federal agencies in the first six months of FY2010.
The report, issued by the Partnership for Public Service and Grant Thorton, says there are a number of longstanding issues that are hurting the federal government's chances of attracting the best and the brightest.
The agency says 12 databases hold 100,000 potential job applicants for many of the most commonly hired positions throughout government. OPM will search the database for the agency based on their hiring need and provide them with a list of candidates, slashing the hiring time from the very beginning.
Ellen McCarthy is President of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance and a former federal employee. She joins the show to discuss why the Intelligence Community is a great place to work for.
October 25, 2010
Hear more from federal career expert and federal employee, Lily Whiteman.
June 11, 2010
Host Derrick T. Dortch talks to Linda Rix, Co-CEO of Avue Technologies, Inc. about the implementation of hiring reform for the federal agencies who use their site, AvueCentral.com.
November 19, 2010