Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
A proposed Labor Department rule to mandate 7 percent of federal contractors' workforce be disabled people is aimed at elevating the importance of disability hiring to the level of affirmative action for race and gender, a Labor official said.
Agencies are increasing the number of disabled veterans in their ranks as they try to fulfill White House hiring mandates. But there's still a lot of unease about how disabled vets will fit into civilian environments. "The civilian workplace is a really bizarre place" for veterans, said workforce and diversity consultant Lisa Stern at a recent training she gave federal hiring officials in Bethesda.
The Labor Department is proposing a rule to mandate that seven percent of federal contractors' workforce is people with disabilities.
Debra Roth, a partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, discusses the implications surrounding the recent case of a Medal of Honor recipient suing his former employer for defamation.
The Office of Personnel Management has published an onboarding framework that agencies can use to ease the new-job jitters for members of the Senior Executive Service. Thorough orientation can increase retention, said OPM deputy associate director Steve Shih.
The Office of Personnel Management faces a House subcommittee today to answer questions about its handling of the USAJobs relaunch.
Tags: OPM , USAJobs , technology , workforce , House , Emily Kopp , Patrick McFarland , Valerie Melvin , Patrick Manzo , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Connie Mack , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Monster Government Solutions , cybersecuirty
The widespread frustration over the Office of Personnel Management's handling of USAJobs.gov has caught lawmakers' attention. The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce has invited OPM, government inspectors and Monster, the company that previously ran the federal jobs site, to testify at a hearing Tuesday.
Tags: John Berry , OPM , USAJobs , workforce , technology , Monster Government Solutions , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Pat Tamburrino , DoD , Dennis Ross , Emily Kopp , Bob Lam , Ron Johnson , John Kerry , CHCO Council
Jane Oates, the assistant secretary for the Employment and Training Administration at the Labor Department, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how a new veteran-specific job website works.
The Defense Department has announced new opportunities for service members and wounded veterans who are now returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan.