Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: hiring
Sandy Smith, director of the BRAC Transition Center, and Career Transition Specialist Amy Seales, provide tips and advice for federal job seekers.
April 6, 2012
The Air Force is hoping that its USA Staffing Onboarding Manager tool can help it slash the time it takes to hire civilians.
Dexter Brooks and Jo Linda Johnson from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Doug Gentile from the Association of Federal External Civil Rights Specialists and Officers, will discuss some of the EEO issues they are currently working on.
March 23, 2012
Tags: Fed Talk , workforce , EEOC , Dexter Brooks , Jo Linda Johnson , Doug Gentile , Association of Federal External Civil Rights Specialists and Officers , Tony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , Executive Leadership Conference , Shaw Bransford & Roth
A new inspector general's report finds missing documentation plagues the Internal Revenue Service's process for pre-screening new hires that are often entrusted with sensitive financial information.
Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss which agencies are doing well when it comes to workforce diversity. Agencies' diversity plans are due today.
The Energy Department is trying to make it easier to attract top talent with its revamped websites — Jobs.Energy.gov.
The Department of Navy is distributing a guide for hiring people with disabilities.
Hord Tipton, the executive director of ISC2 and the former chief information officer at the Interior Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the "red flags" managers should look for in the hiring process.
OPM met just more than half of its two dozen performance measures for 2011, according to an annual performance report released in February. However, among the agency's "high-priority" goals, such as telework and hiring reform, the report cites "great strides." While goals on retirement processing showed mixed progress, OPM's director of planning and policy analysis Jonathan Foley said the agency is "on track" to reduce the processing time to 60 days by July 2013.
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.