Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: health care reform
Perhaps the biggest story of 2009 is the expansive growth of the federal government in such a short period of time.
Former Rep. Tom Davis says health care reform means more federal jobs.
NRC issued a solicitation for a variety of IT services that serves as a lynchpin to changing how it meets its mission. HHS sees open government and health care reform as the spark, while DHS continues to move toward the OneDHS concept.
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan has warned that spending on medical care may crowd out investment in other areas of the economy and worsen the federal budget deficit. President Barack Obama and lawmakers seeking to overhaul health care say the proposed changes will rein in medical costs and reduce the budget deficit.
Federal News Radio continues to follow up on how health care reform will impact you.
How can the health care industry improve services, reduce costs and expand access? Jim Champy offers ways to bring innovation to health care in his book "Reengineering Health Care." Champy, chairman emeritus of Dell Services Consulting, told In Depth that the time is ripe to retool the current system.