Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: gun control
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine how the gun control debate will affect the demand for mental health services, and how contractors will be impacted by the President's new cybersecurity executive order.
February 14, 2013
Tags: mental health , healthcare , Medicaid , Matthew Barry , cybersecurity , cybersecurity policy , President Barack Obama , Afzal Bari , Peter Brusoe , infrastructure , Bloomberg Government , Allen Scott , Hershey , Capital Impact , acquisition , contracting , Valentine
Fred Schulte, investigative reporter for the Center for Public Integrity will discuss an article he's written on the ATF's inability to close down firearms dealers who are violating gun laws.
February 8, 2013
As former White Press Secretary Jim Brady heads to Capitol Hill to lobby senators for tougher gun laws, another man who was there when President Reagan was shot 30 years ago remembers what it was like when the bullets flew.
Can you carry a gun in a bar and then drink? Can colleges prohibit guns on campus? Both questions will be part of the debate in Richmond this week.
It is not unusual to carry a gun in Virginia. But after the deadly shooting in Arizona that left a congresswoman in critical condition, one lawmaker will attempt to get guns banned in government buildings.