Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: gun control
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine how the gun control debate will affect the demand for mental health services, and how contractors will be impacted by the President's new cybersecurity executive order.
February 14, 2013
Tags: mental health , healthcare , Medicaid , Matthew Barry , cybersecurity , cybersecurity policy , President Barack Obama , Afzal Bari , Peter Brusoe , infrastructure , Bloomberg Government , Allen Scott , Hershey , Capital Impact , acquisition , contracting , Valentine
Fred Schulte, investigative reporter for the Center for Public Integrity will discuss an article he's written on the ATF's inability to close down firearms dealers who are violating gun laws.
February 8, 2013
As former White Press Secretary Jim Brady heads to Capitol Hill to lobby senators for tougher gun laws, another man who was there when President Reagan was shot 30 years ago remembers what it was like when the bullets flew.
Can you carry a gun in a bar and then drink? Can colleges prohibit guns on campus? Both questions will be part of the debate in Richmond this week.
It is not unusual to carry a gun in Virginia. But after the deadly shooting in Arizona that left a congresswoman in critical condition, one lawmaker will attempt to get guns banned in government buildings.